Seeking Placement into a long-term care facility is often a difficult decision. Many times, a family wants to be prepared for future needs Placement can be temporary as a resident builds up physical strength for independent living or at times seeking long-term placement. Regardless of you or the residents needs, we at Iosco Medical Care Facility will make every effort to make this process go as smoothly as possible. Due to our volume of applicants, Iosco County Medical Care Facility often has an admission waiting list.
Only those applicants that anticipate a need to be admitted to a skilled nursing facility within 6 months will be placed on our admission waiting list once all information is received and completed. Our admission list hotline is
(989) 362-4424 ext. 1014.
The admissions Coordinator will update application files with all information you provide us on our hotline. Admission applications will be kept on file for 6 months. After that time, the application for admissions will be revoked from the list if no further updates on the current living situation and medical status of the applicant has been received.
These forms are to be complete by the family physician or the attending physician who is requesting admissions of a resident to the facility. The request form must be competed with all medical information pertinent to continuity of care for the resident. You may download this from by clicking the Application Forms link at the top of the page.
This form must also be competed by the resident or authorized person acting in behalf of the potential resident and included with the above information upon submission for review. You may download this from by clicking the Application Forms link at the top of the page. You may also pick one up in person from the Admission Clerk or call and ask for one to be mailed to you.
· A completed transfer form prepared by the transferring facility shall accompany the resident. The Transfer from provides the facility current information and assists with a smooth transfer.
· Chest X-ray with the last 90 days.
· Copies of insurance cards (Medicare, Medicaid, BC/BS, AARP, etc.…)
· Copy of Social Security Card
· Copies of Power of Attorney or Guardianship papers
All residents’ personal items must be clearly labeled and marked. Clothing is to be marked with a permanent laundry marker in an inconspicuous place. The facility can then sew in labels with their labeling system once within the facility. Unmarked items make it impossible to identify ownership and proper labeling will assure that your family members’ items remain safe with them. Personal television sets are allowed and are properly set up by the maintenance department. For room configuration click here.
· Admissions are allowed on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays (with prior arrangements) since admitting personnel are no available on these days.
· Discharge from the facility requires advance notice, in order to provide for a smooth discharge with completed paperwork.